The Plan for Day of Arrival

The main sites on the tour schedule are Christ the Redeemer (Cristo Redenter) and Corcovado Mountain, Sugar Loaf Mountain, Ipanema and Copacabana beaches so, on the day of arrival, I plan to see as much as I can of other sites.   It may run over to the afternoon of the next day, but I have to try.  The churches/cathedrals listed below are so ornate I can't pass them up and it's only a fraction of what's there.  The online photographs are jaw dropping.

Escaderia Selaron
The Carioca Aqueduct (Arcos da Lapa/Aqueduto da Carioca)
The Metropolitan Cathedral of Saint Sebastian (Catedral Metropolitana de Sao Sebastiao)
The Municipal Theatre (Theatro Municipal de Rio)
The Presbyterian Church of Rio (Catedral Presbiteriana do Rio de Janeiro)
The Church of the Third Order of Saint Francis of Penance (Sao Francisco da Penitencia Church)
Arcos dos Teles
Old Cathedral (Igreja de Nossa Senhora do Monte do Carmo) and the sister church
            (Igreja Nossa Senhora do Carmo da Antiga Se)
Church of Our Lady of Lapa dos Mercadores (Igreja Nossa Senhora da Lapa dos Mercadores)
Candelaria Church
Monastery of St. Benedict (Mosteiro de Sao Bento)
Marcana Stadium  (if time permits)

No comments:

Post a Comment